Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Monday!

"Clean the slate God,so I can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins & thinking I can take over your work" Ps19:13 (Rick Warren)

Happy Monday! It sure was a happy Monday. You know why? Because I started my day off with the verse listed above. It's all about your attitude. It truly is. I plan to start every day with this verse. =]

Weekend Re-cap ...

This past Saturday Dustin and I took a 9 hour birthing class. Yep, you read right ... 9 whole hours. He was really dreading it. To our surprise, it was an awesome class! The instructor was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! She reminded me of Carol Burnett. It was awesome. We both learned so much and even learned how to swaddle a baby {I'm really excited about doing that to Preston, they look so cute}. 

Sunday we bought Preston's crib and a dresser. For the price we would have paid for just the crib at Pottery Barn Kids we were able to buy an additional piece! We are all about good deals and we love to see money go a LOONGG way! Pictures to come! Next, we went to Lowe's and picked out paint swatches for his room. We plan to leave the majority of the room color as is and add an accent wall. We are both getting so excited about all the upcoming baby projects! I'm really enjoying seeing my hubby "nesting". He is going to be such a wonderful dad. I can't wait. 

Hope you lovely readers had a wonderful weekend too! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so exciting!!!! I am so happy for y'all :) Glad your class went well...that sounded like torture at first! What colors are you thinking for the room? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is already a tan color and we're just going to add an accent wall in green. We may start painting this weekend. If the green is too dark we may have to darken the other walls. I really like this green =] His furniture is a chocolate color (I didn't end up going w/ the antique white after all).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so pretty. PS-Clinging to the verse you shared. It is getting me through the day! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO awesome!! I'm very happy for you and Dustin--ya'll will be such awesome and fashionable parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend! The baby room sounds so cute! Love the ideas.
    Much love x

    ReplyDelete