Friday, August 5, 2011

Week re-cap and Foodie Friday Link up!

TGIF has a whole new meaning to me now that I work an 8-5 job. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for my job but I am even MORE thankful for my weekends with my husband. It's such a nice mental break from the hustle and bustle of work life.

So here's a re-cap ... I'm 21 weeks pregnant this week (about to be 22 this weekend), Preston is moving around like crazy in my belly. It's such a cool feeling. It'll actually startle me at times. I'm noticing that he's pretty active in the evening when I lay down in bed.

I have several family & friends that are organizing baby showers. My first one is late next month, I can't hardly wait.


We are going to order Preston's crib this weekend from Pottery Barn Kids, Catalina Fixed Gate 3-In-1 Crib (Thankful for my mom's gift to Preston)
We just LOVE this beautiful antique white look.



My mother-in-law makes this delicious salsa that I must share with you guys. It's so easy to make. Best of all you can top it on your chicken or even Tilapia! 

Corn & Black Bean Salsa 

2--15 oz cans black beans
1--17 oz can white corn
1/4 cup cilantro --chopped or snipped 
1--medium red onion --chopped
3--medium tomatoes --chopped
4 Tbs -- lime juice
1-2 Tbs -- Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbs -- Olive Oil
1 Tsp -- salt & pepper

Rinse & drain black beans and corn, combine all ingredients and chill. Serve with tortilla chips.


Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! This looks amazing and I don't have a recipe like this! That crib is precious! So excited for you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete