Saturday, July 30, 2011

Foodie Friday: The "Best" Pumpkin Bread



I know, I know ... it's Saturday not Friday. It's been a rough week and I pretty much just wanted to veggg out. I will be better this upcoming week.

I've joined my friend Magan, author of A Touch of Class,  for her first link-up party! I can't wait to learn more recipes.

It's only July and I was craving pumpkin bread like CRAZY the past couple of weeks. My mother-in-law makes the most delicious pumpkin bread during the holidays and looked through my recipe box and decided to make it. It's so simple ...

Ingredients:
1 can of pumpkin
4 eggs
3c. sugar
1c oil (canola ... however, all I had was vegetable and it worked out just fine)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2/3 c. water
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda

 Combine all ingredients ... there's no specific order. However, from watching the Food Network channel I've learned you should slowly add the flour and sugar as you put together the mixture.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  Enjoy!

I realized I deleted the picture I had taken off my phone so I had to go capture it off of Facebook.

Tip: Dustin and I realized adding Rainbow Chip icing onto the slice we at was delicious. It's the same icing used on confetti cake. Don't forget a tall glass of milk. 

Enjoy!

2 comments: