Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Total Body Experience

"Pregnancy is a great time to learn the life lesson of surrender. This body is not for your personal enjoyment at the moment. It is a cozy home in which a child is growing, and you can choose to fight it or to relax and enjoy the ride. That is why I tell you the straight information and then sit back and laugh with you about it, because your sense of humor may be the only thing to get you through these trying times." (The Girlfriends Guide To Pregnancy, Vicki Iovine)

This book has been an absolute life savor! I knew that whenever I would become pregnant my belly was going to grow, that's a given. However, I didn't take into account all the other bodily changes that go along with pregnancy. The author really does a good job of filling you in. It's as if you and your girlfriend are having a heart to heart. I've literally "LOL'ed" in every chapter. She's so funny. And, like she says ... your sense of humor may be the only thing to get you through this time. I'm at that stage where I don't look really pregnant ... I'm in this in between stage and I just want to tell everyone that looks at me "I'm pregnant, honest!"

FOOD/CRAVINGS
I've really been craving a lot of nectarines, grapes, milk, (I woke up in the middle of the night really craving a muffin from Mimi's Cafe) ... lately I've really been on a salsa & queso kick. I'm being very careful as to what I consume. A lot of people tell me to eat whatever I want but guess who's going to have to work super hard to get rid of that extra chocolate cake weight? That's right, ME! So, I proceed with caution :)

It's 9:44p.m. and my hubby just brought me some salsa, queso and chips from one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Yes! He's awesome!

Until next time ...

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment