Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sweet Treat Friday: Cuban Sweet Mama

What a week! I am so extremely glad Friday is here.  If only we had to work Saturday-Sunday and have Monday-Friday off. Now, how awesome would that be? Good thing there's dessert therapy.

Dustin and I are headed to a friend's birthday BBQ tonight and I decided I'd bring some "Cuban" Sweet Mama's along. This recipe is originally called "Pound Cake Squares", but, how boring is that?! My mom and I re-named them to their new name. I actually got the recipe from her and she got the recipe from her friend. It's a HIT everywhere I've taken them. I actually made a batch for my co-workers today and they loved them.

So here is how you make a Cuban Sweet Mama ...


Ingredients :
1- Box Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix
4- Eggs
1- stick Real Butter (unsalted & softened)
1- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1- Box Powdered Sugar
Vanilla or Lemon Extract


Mix & spread the following in a greased 9 X 13 pan: {as pictured above}
-Box of Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix
-2 Eggs
-1 stick real butter (softened)
{The dough will be very stiff}

Next ...


Mix the following together & pour over top of cake: {as shown above}
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
-1/2 a box of powdered sugar
-2 Eggs
-Teaspoon of Vanilla or Lemon Extract

Then ...



After pouring mixture, sprinkle with chopped pecans and sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar as well. {as shown above}

Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes. It should look gooey in the middle
 {be careful that the edges don't get over cooked}

Finished product


{Sorry this was not posted until Saturday, however, it was a huge success at the BBQ}

God Bless!





1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I love pound cake and pecans so I will be making this one! Great job with the new name :)

    ReplyDelete